I had thought it was special,
What you and I shared;
The mist of the mornings
The warmth of the shade,
The flame of cool satin
In every kiss we spared...
But the fluttering of eyes
Brought new sight one day,
When my tears had ceased
And the fog had cleared,
Realisation dawned on me
On that fine summer day...
The flame that once blinded
Now ignited more of me,
Until I couldn't help but see
It wasn't you after all
That put me in a daze;
It was a summer haze
What you and I shared;
The mist of the mornings
The warmth of the shade,
The flame of cool satin
In every kiss we spared...
But the fluttering of eyes
Brought new sight one day,
When my tears had ceased
And the fog had cleared,
Realisation dawned on me
On that fine summer day...
The flame that once blinded
Now ignited more of me,
Until I couldn't help but see
It wasn't you after all
That put me in a daze;
It was a summer haze
No comments:
Post a Comment